View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 08:42 AM   #4
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
It seems that information about works uploaded here with regard aout how you can use them is missing. Shouldn't it be stated if someting is distributed under copyright or not or if it is in the public domain?
The way I understand copyright today is that the simple act of writing something down puts it under copyright. Yes, that means your grocery list is copyrighted as soon as you write it down.

So by default, it's under copyright. You don't need the "Copyright (c) 2007" in the document.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
But more seriously. I checked Cory Doctorows "Scroogled" (by Cary Doctorow according to the index) and it is distributed under Share Alike by Doctorow. But the copy here does not contain that information.
Hmmm... Reading the license at link you provided, it says:
"If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one. "
So it would seem that the copy here would need to also have this license in it.

I would assume that it would be in the same place (i.e. at the bottom).
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote