View Single Post
Old 02-17-2009, 10:44 AM   #1
Dahak
Zealot
Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dahak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS-505(LC) & Rocket eBook
Question [Rocket eBook] Source or information on replacement battery?

I have a vintage 12/1999 Rocket eBook Pro.

I have been attempting to locate information on the battery pack used in the unit.

The classic article on TeleRead links to Alltronics and Fox International and is now closing on three years old.

Alltronics has recently (February 2009) begun selling and auctioning (via eBay) what seems to be a new round of Rocket eBook motherboards. Contact with them reveals that they've pretty much disposed of the remaining components from that disassembly. (No time frame was given for their most recent acquisition of units, though.)

Although I wonder why they haven't made the display panels available.

The battery packs were disposed of because "they were getting too old." Hard to blame them on that score.

Does anyone have any information on the original battery packs? Voltage rating? Amperage rating? Charging rate? Manufacturer?

As original packs are no longer available, I'd like to see about arranging a reasonable facsimile that can fit into the case and be reliably charged from the Nuvomedia-supplied charger without overheating.
Dahak is offline   Reply With Quote