View Single Post
Old 02-23-2011, 09:58 PM   #13
Enkidu of Abydos
Master of Disaster
Enkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplaneEnkidu of Abydos makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I used to carry a paperclip with me when I traveled with my 505 just in case I needed to do a reset. I think it had memory issues. Once I figured out to clear the history cache for each book more frequently then it would crash less. The 950 is much more stable. Last week was the first time that it has just frozen and needed a reset.
I regularly clean the history, maybe that's it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
I have not read that many scary stories about battery life on the 950. I wonder how many are related to a bad wireless connection that runs down the battery.
Well there are certainly lots of horror stories about the 505 with bad batteries (just check out this forum), and it didn't have WLAN. And we're not talking 75% of normal, we're talking 2% of normal !
And what's the scariest, nobody mentions any normal solution to this ! You have group A, who live in the US and just send it back for a good one, and group B, who try to replace the battery and either destroy the device or succeed and have a battery that lasts for 2 weeks and then dies.
So what is someone who doesn't live in the US (there's a whole world out there believe it or not) supposed to do ?
I just hope mine will be the right one...
Enkidu of Abydos is offline   Reply With Quote