View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 01:22 AM   #15
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
Do you save them in mobi or epub format after stripping DRM?
If it is mobi are you not concerned that you will lose your library if your kindle breaks, or are you willing to be tied to Amazon forever?? Please excuse me if that sounds rude, I don't mean it to be. I am just wondering what the purpose of stripping drm is if you are still stuck with the proprietary format.
DRM-free mobi7 format is readable on non-kindle hardware and software.

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/MOBI

And amazon is not the only ebook supplier/vendor supporting it. They are merely the only vendor using the kindle drm.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote