View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 10:34 PM   #1
johneverson
Zealot
johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'johneverson knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad
VIGILANTES OF LOVE - "Magical" tales of Fantasy and the Macabre on sale for $0.99

The 10th Anniversary Edition of my second fantasy and horror short fiction collection Vigilantes of Love launched this month, and for a limited introductory time, the ebook edition is just 99 cents!

The new edition of Vigilantes of Love has been expanded from 15 to 21 stories -- it now includes six stories that were cut from the original 2003 print edition due to space. It also has a new Preface and a re-imagined cover (keeping some of the original's elements, but radically improving the impact, I think!)

One of the reader reviews of the original edition said this about the book, which I think is a pretty good description for this collection of (now) 21 tales:

"Vigilantes of Love is a collection that is full of magic. Some of it gentle, some of it dark, but almost all of it lyrical and affecting. The stories here are written with a sure hand, they flow naturally and aren't overwritten. The writing is stylish and almost poetic at times, but always accessible. Even when he is writing about truly horrible things, there is always a beauty to the tales."

Another reviewer said:
"There are several stories in Vigilantes of Love that I would consider not only above average, but superb. Quite simply, they are among the most enjoyable short stories that I have read in the past few years. Everson managed to put an emotional spin into these tales that affected me so deeply that I paused for awhile after reading each one. And it was not because any of these stories were overly intense, in fact, I thought their approach subtle, but still, they managed to pack one heck of a punch."

The leadoff story, "Calling of the Moon," was on the Honorable Mention list of the Year's Best Fantasy & Horror anthology the year it was released, and "Lovesong," was a finalist in the World Horror Convention short fiction contest. Other stories like "The Right Instrument," "Preserve," and "After the Fifth Step" have been staples of my live reading repertoire for years.

Here is the link to the book on Amazon:

www.amazon.com/Vigilantes-of-Love-ebook/dp/B004FEFAIY

Last edited by johneverson; 07-13-2015 at 09:14 PM.
johneverson is offline   Reply With Quote