View Single Post
Old 05-20-2011, 08:56 AM   #5
raac
Zealot
raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950
What you say about the difference between the screen types is true. Yes, my screen is 6", but the letter size isn't influenced by that. I notice aliasing effects on, say, the diagonal components of an "A" when these lines are thin (so, smaller fonts are more of a problem). I suspect the e-ink display is running out of pixels and can no longer do a good job at anti-aliasing. It's not a big distraction for me--and some fonts are worse than others--but I can often see a small quality difference between a printed book and e-ink. I think printed books are 300 or 600 dpi.

Anyway... What I was getting at was that a 300 dpi screen may well look nicer than the current generation of displays. Probably not enough of a difference to make me want to upgrade, however. I think we're still at a stage where a contrast boost would be more useful than a resolution boost.
raac is offline   Reply With Quote