View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 08:36 PM   #17
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingenzyme View Post
I absolutely don't understand why people want to buy the aluratek libre when jetbook/jetbook lite is superior to it in every way, not to mention ectaco's dedication to these products.
Now that the JBL and Libre are available for under $100 I've considered getting one or the other as a portable ereader. The nook is just too clunky to comfortably carry around.

So what features make the big difference between the Ectaco and Aluratek?

I saw the Libre at Borders, liked the size and weight, the no black flash between FAST pageturns. But no dictionary was a con.

My concern about the JBL is that the battery pack would make it heavy. Plus, I prefer to use rechargables which don't seem to work as well from what I've read.

I mostly read PG and Overdrive books. I've bought others from Sony, B&N, Smashwords and Kobo.

The no clock feature is what most interests me about these ereaders, btw. (Overdrive).

Thanks for any advice.
wandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote