View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 07:47 PM   #3
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
It's my personal belief that it's my responsibility to learn to say 'hello,' 'thank you,' 'excuse me,' and 'good bye' in the language of any country I visit. I also will learn 'how much does it cost,' 'no thank you,' and 'where is the toilet.' (I can say "Immodium" in 11 languages!)

As a frequent traveler I found it useful to learn the words for numbers as they pertain to money. This has saved me a LOT of money over the years, especially in S.E. Asia where bargaining is the norm. However, my language ability is really pretty poor and I don't seem to be able to learn much more than this. I just finished a comprehensive Japanese course and my only thoughts are that the fellow who invented Japanese grammar was NOT a very nice man...

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 06-19-2009 at 07:50 PM.
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote