View Single Post
Old 10-11-2012, 04:05 PM   #66
Kolenka
<Insert Wit Here>
Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kolenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma
I think Sony's biggest problem is that they are taking evolutionary steps with their device. It's let them be more stable than the Nook or Kobo has historically been, but it means that once they fall behind, they will keep falling behind unless they change.

I avoided Amazon because of their goofy file format nonsense (back before they even started doing things like embedding PDFs in a Palm DB file), but the reality is that everyone is playing catchup to Amazon now when it comes to the experience and the device. Sony had the best chance, but they are moving too slowly and methodically when they need to shake it up a bit more. Kobo is trying, but their software QA needs work. B&N gets close, but jumps the gun on stuff a little early, and also needs QA work.

I'm actually considering a Kindle again, when my first and last Kindle was the 1st gen model I got when it launched.
Kolenka is offline   Reply With Quote