View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 11:07 PM   #62
Arios
A curiosus lector!
Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Touch
@d.culloch

I had a chance to use both recently and I'm talking here about the Kobo Touch and PRS-T1, not the new ereaders T2 and Glo (Glo is not even yet on the market!)

You're right about the internet: the T1 browser is much more efficient and complete. I think the T1 processor is more powerful as well. Screens are similar (the gray tones are comparable).

But the Touch is improving and updating the firmware (2 to 2.1) should soon solve certain problems (faster page change, better integration).

Now, if I compare the specifications of Glo and T2, I would take the Glo without hesitation!

The major problem with the Touch is a firmware problem: if Kobo is finally able to solve it, I think it will be a very good reader, which of course does not impaired the T1 or T2!

So to the question: "Has Sony lost the edge over other readers?" It depends on what we are looking at, but I think so in the case of the K Glo.

@Blue2u

No problema! and thanks for the reply.

The prices have not changed here : still too expensive, even for a demo!
Arios is offline   Reply With Quote