View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6charlong View Post
I've started using my Pocket Pro again too. I put it in a drawer when I gave up on Aztak and got a Kindle but a couple of months ago I started thinking about the great ergonomics of the Pocket Pro and dug it out again. It charged up overnight and in the morning I found a library of books on it I had enjoyed and a few still on my TBR list.

After using it again I still think the Pocket Pro has the best ergonomics. It's screen lacks the contrast of the Pearl screens but I learned a trick with the Kindle that helps that. M-Edge makes covers and a light that works with their covers called an eLuminator. The combination of cover and light works great for reading at night and the lightweight book light makes any eInk screen pop. I've used a new cover in the past to make an old reader seem new again so that's what I did with my Pocket Pro.

M-edge doesn't list a cover for the Pocket Pro but some kind person posted that their Go Jacket for the Sony PRS300 fits a Pocket Pro and it does. The Go Jacket is a brightly colored, smooth side out leather cover. I had almost as much fun choosing a color for the cover as I had picking out a color for my Pocket Pro three or four years ago. Best of all the bright new cover makes my Pocket Pro feel new again.

Since they don't make them anymore and you apparently can't find replacement batteries, I don't know how much longer it will last but it's holding a charge quite well now so we may be together for quite awhile. Besides, I love recycling.
Batteries for any of the Base device (Hanlin V5) will work.
The EZReader is an Branded (and custom FW) of the Hanlin V5.
The MR Matrix show all the brands that this model goes by.
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_Reader_Matrix

One of those should be able to supply a battery.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote