View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 09:21 AM   #19
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
I just finished, and didn't like it as much as I was hoping. The last time I read Dickens was in high school, and I really enjoyed his work (Great Expectations in particular).

I found myself trudging through parts of it. The whole Chancery sub-plot I found uninteresting and initially confusing.

Quote:
Her switch from John to Allan is just not convincing and IMO one of the weakest sections of an otherwise fine novel.
That part confused me. She is completly enamoured with John (and had reconciled Allan as a thing of the past), and the next minute John tells her to be with Allan, and she agrees.

Not to mention the age difference between John and Esther, and her being her "Guardian"; That creeped me out a little.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote