View Single Post
Old 03-21-2010, 04:29 PM   #6
rogerinnyc
Addict
rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rogerinnyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Forma and Aura One; Kindle Voyage; Galaxy Note 10
I have the same problem (desire?) as WilsonCPU. I have a jailbroken iPhone 3.1.2 and am using the Kindle for iPhone app. The books I buy from Amazon, whether or not I deDRM them through MobideDrm, have their covers show up or, if there is a problem, using Mobi2mobi, as Leep suggests, works. But books I converted to .mobi long ago (i.e., from .lit or html files), all seem to propogate in the Kindle iPhone app with the same cover as the most recently added book of the same kind (i.e., non-Amazon purchase). Moreover, if I try to fix the cover using mobi2mobi, mobi2mobi opens the cover, but then, upon pressing convert, the cover disappears and is not saved???

Any thoughts? I've used iFile to go into /var/mobile/applications/kindle/documents on my iphone, and there are two folders -- ebooks and LibraryCovers. Dropping a .mobi file into the ebooks folder works to put the book into the Kindle app (and allow me to open it), but the thumbnail is wrong. If I drop a .jpg of the cover into the LibraryCovers folders, however, nada.

Last edited by rogerinnyc; 03-21-2010 at 04:52 PM.
rogerinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote