View Single Post
Old 11-23-2008, 01:02 AM   #8
JGB
Groupie
JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JGB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peto View Post
Right now I have dumped RLF and Epub. I convert PDFs to DOC, edit them to fit (the Sony Reader) and then convert them back to PDF. File sizes are bigger than with other file types, but you can embed fonts, edit the text as much as you want and add pictures. It will all be perfectly preserved (except TOCS, dunno why). Page turns are really fast and books don't need repaginating when first opened, so you can just dump them in straight from the PC. File size is no problem for me so...

On the other hand, once PDF to Epub is fully functional, it should be quite straightforward to convert these files and save some memory.

You can take a look to the link below called "Libro" it is in Spanish, but will give you an idea of what you can achieve and how it performs. Font type, size paragraphs and the like are edited to my liking. Anything different will work equally well.
I like the idea, but what happens with those pdf's when you try to change the size?
you'd have to reconvert them all over again(I'm thinking in the next 2-3 years we will see some screen size changes)
JGB is offline   Reply With Quote