View Single Post
Old 07-08-2013, 02:22 PM   #1
VirgoGirl
"Why is it doing *that*?"
VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VirgoGirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Black Kobo Touch & Glo, responsible for 2 PaperWhites
Wink How I have to make Shelves now..

Hi,

I current have 1,039 books on my Kobo (despite my best intentions to keep it to 500), about 99.9% of them on a micro sd card. Today I tried to create another shelf. I have 3 1/2 pages of shelves, but as it was taking FOREVER to make one, I figured I better do it when I had some time. Well, twice it froze the Kobo so badly I had to use the paperclip. Twice. I hate that.

I decided to remove my micro sd card - I have a few kpubs on the machine - and see if it would make shelves faster and not corrupt my other shelves as those books are on my sd card.

Well, lo and behold that thing made a shelf in like 15 seconds (6 months ago with the SD card and 600 books it was over 4 minutes!!)!! My other shelves were still there, registering 0 books on them, but they were there. I made 2 shelves (misc 1 and misc 2), added a kpub to each one so it won't crash the Kobo if I accidentally try to open them (learned that the hard way 6 months ago), powered off the Kobo, inserted my micro sd card, powered on and prayed like mad that the books would reappear on the shelves and my new shelves would still be there.

Powered on, all was well - books were back on their shelves, new shelves were there and all the covers were showing. I guess I have too many ebooks for it to comfortably make a shelf.

If anyone else wants to try it, the steps are:
1) power off
2) remove card
3) power on
4) make a number of shelves
5) add device based kpubs (if you try to open the shelf with no books on it, the Kobo freezes and you need to use a paper clip in the back, delete the book later if you want)
6) power off
7) insert card
8) power on
9) pray like mad
10) add books to new shelves (renamed in needed)

Anyone else has similar issues?

Last edited by VirgoGirl; 07-08-2013 at 02:25 PM.
VirgoGirl is offline   Reply With Quote