View Single Post
Old 08-15-2008, 11:53 AM   #572
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by slayda View Post
I am sometimes reminded of something I once hard on a public radio broadcast. They said that of all "functional adults" (this does not include children, mentally incompetent, sick, extreme elderly, etc.) that 50% could not even take care of themselves. Of the remaining 50%, 30% could only take care of themselves. The remaining 20% were carrying society.
Was this meant to include all the adults in the world, or only those in a particular country, or what? It doesn't match up very well with my experience. I'd say 90% of the functional adults I know are taking care of themselves and their families, at least for the most part.

I'd agree that only 20% are carrying society... if that. Everyone else is dodging whatever they can. At least in the US.
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote