View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 03:03 AM   #10
drwinn
drwinn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
epub vilidation error

It seems link I fix one thing and a bunch more pops up.

The problem is that I don't exactly know what I'm looking for. Is there a list of epub errors laying around somewhere?

Here is a sample of the latest:

no character data is allowed by content model notes line with the following

Code:
<blockquote>
  The word <span class="italics">atonement</span>, which is almost the only theological term of English origin, has a curious history. The verb "atone," from the adverbial phrase "at one" (M.E. <span class="italics">at oon</span>), at first meant to reconcile, or make "at one;" from this it came to denote the action by which such reconciliation was effected.<a id="ftn5" href="#bkftn5">[5]</a>
  </blockquote>
element 'span' is not allowed for content model '(p|h1|h2|h3|h4|h5|h6|div|ul|ol|dl|pre|hr|blockquo te|address|fieldset|table|switch|form|noscript|ins |del|script)'

Same as above, just one line below

element 'a' is not allowed for content model '(p|h1|h2|h3|h4|h5|h6|div|ul|ol|dl|pre|hr|blockquo te|address|fieldset|table|switch|form|noscript|ins |del|script)'

</blockquote> is on the line denoted.

What should I be looking for?

The file opens in Adobe Digital Editions and the links seem to be working including the TOC internal page and the left margin of ADE.

I am preparing this file for B&N Nook. Is the only acceptable outcome: no errors. Does the list mean that it will work on one reader and not others?

I am using Math symbols for Greek Characters in the book like α for the Greek alpha. I can see them in ADE and in the PC Nook reader. Will that cause any kind of a problem?

Thanks again?
drwinn is offline   Reply With Quote