View Single Post
Old 02-13-2011, 07:30 AM   #7
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryll Snyder View Post
That does not seem to be quite right.
Well I am living in Germany and had to provide a US address to buy the Nook. Borderlinx for example does this - they also forward the product to your home. Once you have this address you can buy and dowload books from B&N. At least it wokrks for me.
You can only buy books from B&N if you have an US IP-address (or for a small number of books a Canadian IP-address).
The only exception (since a few months) are accounts with an ".mil" e-mail address for military personnel.
To buy B&N books here in the Netherlands I need to use an US VPN (alwaysVPN) to get an US IP-address.

If you can B&N books without using a US VPN your PC somehow has an US IP-address, or you are using a ".mil" e-mail address. Otherwise it is really not possible.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote