View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 02:43 PM   #12436
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I'm reading a Scientific American article from their latest issue entitled "The Shadow Web" about the efforts of digital activists to "build an alternative network that can never be blocked, filtered, or shut down." The article is by Julian Dibbel. While I would like to see an alternative to the World Wide Web, if it were to be taken over by big business, as the WWW increasingly is, I think the purpose would be defeated. Still, one can hope, and it would be interesting to see an international communication medium that no government could block or filter. The downside, or so it seems to me, would be that people whose intentions are less than benign would have free reign, even more-so than they do now.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote