View Single Post
Old 05-11-2008, 06:41 AM   #2
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
G'day, HuronJoe,

First-up: To simultaneously confuse and clarify things, an "ereader" is actually a particular format...or software...or anyway it's some proprietary thing and not what you're after, but it's worth pointing it out so's needless confusion is avoided for you now and in future. Here's what the wiki says:

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Ereader

So, let's all use the term "ebook reader device", seeing as it just rolls off the tongue. (Note, their are some evil rebels on the forum who use the term "liseuse", and they are very bad people. You should probably avoid them unless, like me, you quite like a bit of "What have you got?" rebellion, in which case, welcome ).

Anyway, welcome aboard, and I hope you find what you're looking for.

Incidentally, the answers to your questions, as they relate to eInk devices are:

Availability: Kindle, Sony
Comfortable reading: Cybook, Kindle, Sony
Price: Sony, Kindle

except for the times when these are not the answers (in other words, when everyone disagrees with me. I'd go with whatever they say - after all, I've only got an Iliad).

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote