View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #394
AZImmortal
Zealot
AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AZImmortal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
I think that the person that you're responding to was referring to the opposite effect.

On the K3 with lighted cover there's a brief "brownout" when changing pages where the light dims, which I never seem to notice when I'm reading, but notice a lot when my gf is reading on hers. My understanding on the paperwhite [which I've only seen mentioned, not in person] is that the screen blanking phase of refreshing causes the light to appear much brighter briefly, possibly equally annoying.
My K3 lighted cover doesn't exhibit any sort of light change when changing pages. I verified this just now by covering the screen with a sheet of paper and pressing the page buttons, and the light stayed the same on the paper the whole time. Maybe what you're noticing is a changing of the light reflected off the K3 when the screen refreshes.
AZImmortal is offline   Reply With Quote