Thread: PRS-650 PRS-650 replacement battery
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2011, 12:08 PM   #13
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Hi Harry -

"The battery isn't user replaceable; you have to send it back to Sony to have it replaced."

But my whole gripe is - apart from the obvious aim of ripping us off - especially outside warranty, why shouldn't you be able to DIY ?
Is the thing designed to be destroyed if you don't wear a Sony overall ?

From all accounts, the cost of replacing a battery is ridiculous, when I'm sure a decent blow by blow account, with pics/diagrams, would be feasible.

I'm sure someone did just that, possibly Youtube.

It smacks of cars who design components that can only be fitted with a very specialized tool that only a garage might afford.
And I know there's always someone who finds a way around that one !
( Here in the UK, Haynes make a lot of money doing just that with every car on the market. )
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote