View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 08:01 PM   #60
bobcdy
Fanatic
bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobcdy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bebook; prs-950; nook simple touch; HTC Jetstream tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
Yeah, I had an occasion to use Word 2010 and was not thrilled. I guess I could've gotten used to it. Curious. If you don't use the Word html (I use save as 'web page filtered'), how do you do it? I mean, I know you said you manually markup all docx documents in Word but how do you do that? And what's the difference between docx and doc? Thanks.
Greg,
Docx is the 2010- equivalent of the old Doc file. I don't think it is readable/writable in 2003 version unless it is upgraded as described in the post (exaltedwombat) I referred to.

As for manually adding the xhtml code to a .docx or .doc one can add all the code using standard symbols., as for example: <p class="indent">paragraph</p> etc, etc. easily in Word. One doesn't need to create a .txt file for Sigil to correctly accept material from a native Word format. To learn I think the best way is to download a few epub files from MR into Sigil and study how the coding is done and see if you can apply similar coding a to short Word test document and then copy/paste it to a Sigil document in order to find if it works ok in ADE. I especially like using the Word editing options to auto-code all paragraphs correctly, and then slightly modifying the resulting markup where paragraphs need special formatting such as centering. I strongly recommend giving it a try because it isn't difficult to learn.

On the internet there are many resources you can find to explain various xhtml tags. There are also numerous books that can be found in libraries, bookstores, and Amazon

Bob

Last edited by bobcdy; 03-26-2013 at 09:27 PM.
bobcdy is offline   Reply With Quote