View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 02:00 PM   #71
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Well, it does sound like the OP got some poor customer service.

Put me in the happy-with-Sony service camp. I had to deal with them to replace the power switch in my 505 and it was a joy, aside from out-of-warranty cost.

I didn't spot a statement about the total time between charges. As noted by several others, these devices draw power unless you shut them down completely (not just the 'sleep mode' of the power slider).

Also, don't make your page count calculations complicated. Every change of the E-ink display counts as a page turn regardless of your font size. Just think of page flips as 'image changes.' You should have an indication of how many pages are in a book at any given font size. Change to a larger font and the number of pages will go up.

My 505 went almost two weeks and 2000-3000 page flips between charges when it was new. For an example of near-continuous reading, I read approximately 1,500 pages on a transatlantic flight and consumed one 'bar' of battery life.

I am looking forward to the more-convenient battery replacement design of the PRS-900.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote