View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 12:15 PM   #61
HorridRedDog
Addict
HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.HorridRedDog once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-600 EB-1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolenka View Post
That's just it... they /do/...

The catch is that it seems they say it in the overview and feature pages, and not the tech specs page for the 600. And on the 900, they used to say it on the overview, but now only says it in the features page.
NEWS FLASH -
ALL advertising departments lie!!!

Well, not really. In some reproducible way you will get the results that they say. It just may not be true to life, or in the way that you read.

Maybe if you can read 1 page per second, and do not stop, or leave it on you will get all of the page turns that they say.

After all it MUST use some electricity just monitoring for the next command. Page turn, etc.

And about the USB charging - I only use USB and have no problem. No software needs to run while charging. I also never turn it off, I just put it in sleep mode.

I have a Motorola phone that uses a USB connector but will not charge from a computer. Life is tough.

Bad battery, reader, etc. - get a replacement. But I can easily imagine someone getting a reader (partially charged) and complaining that it is no good because it lasted only a few days.

And I have seen batteries that will hold a charge, when briefly tested, but fail when put to real use.

Last edited by HorridRedDog; 01-23-2010 at 12:23 PM.
HorridRedDog is offline   Reply With Quote