View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 07:24 AM   #10
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papi View Post
Don't want to hijack the thread, but i didn't even know you could replace Kindle's dictionary with another one :
- can you use more than one dictionary at a time ? For exemple, i'm reading a novel written in English, and i want the definition of the word in English, and it's translation in French, is that possible ?
- how do you know a dictionary is "eligible" to replace kindle's original one ?
- how do you use the dictionary ? by selecting a word when reading a book, or you have to open the dictionary itself and search for the word ?
- No, you can't use more than 1 dictionary at a time.
- As far as I have found, any Mobipocket format dictionary readable by your Kindle works (i.e. not DRM-locked to another device). I have tried the Concise Oxford, the WordNet and the Chambers (the three Mobi dictionaries I have), and they all worked on my DXG.
- You move the cursor in front of the word you want to look up with the 5-way controller and after about half a second the dictionary entry pops up at the bottom of your screen.

Note, it doesn't work in PDFs.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote