View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 07:49 AM   #24
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

It was OK... but waaaaaaaaay too slow getting started. Never did figure why the hype was so huge on that one. I just assumed something was lost in the translation.

( Plus the fact that everyone was either making coffee, drinking coffee, or talking about making or drinking coffee. I got the jitters just reading it )
I am Swedish, but last weekend I read part of the English translation of The Girl... and I was shocked how "flat" it was. And it actually made me wonder how the English version book could have made it so big. (And it also made me wonder how much I lost out of in foreign language books translated to Swedish. A real eye opener!)

I absolutely loved the first book (in Swedish), but the other two books in the trilogy didn't excite me anywhere near as much.

(And in Sweden coffee is a really important part of our life. I'm not kidding! The book is accurate that way!)
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote