View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 09:31 PM   #23
AndrewH
Fanatic
AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AndrewH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, & Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
The Girl with the Dragon Tatoo.

It was OK... but waaaaaaaaay too slow getting started. Never did figure why the hype was so huge on that one. I just assumed something was lost in the translation.

( Plus the fact that everyone was either making coffee, drinking coffee, or talking about making or drinking coffee. I got the jitters just reading it )
LOL! I agree. It was interesting, but I while reading it and the sequels I was left wondering why it became such a hit.

I loved Harry Potter, and I'm nowhere near teenage years so I don't think age has anything to do with it. However, I will agree that Harry himself was pretty mediocre. He never would have been so successful in his endeavors if it weren't for his friends, circumstance, and luck.

Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell...one of my all-time favorites. It's very meandering, and there's little action, so I certainly don't blame anyone who found it boring.
AndrewH is offline   Reply With Quote