View Single Post
Old 03-13-2013, 02:06 PM   #42
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kali Yuga View Post
The next time you gripe about a brick & mortar bookstore charging too much for a book, remember this article.

I'm sure it won't stop you from buying the book cheaper online, but just think about it anyway.
How many people choose to buy regular chocolate, like Hershey, Nestle, Godiva, Lindt? The chocolate used by all most all of the major chocolate companies comes from growers that use slave labor.

Like coffee? Slave labor

Clothes? Those ones made in China and other developing countries.... Labor practices that make Amazon look wonderful.

How many of the workers at BN get benefits? Walmart? I know Target offers benefits to many folks, I had friends who worked the floor and had benefits. I would put good money on the fact the most of the people you see at BN are part time, making close to minimum wage, and without benefits.

Sorry but most of what we are buying is made in places with have much worse practices then Amazon.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote