View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 07:10 PM   #93
zerospinboson
"Assume a can opener..."
zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zerospinboson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iLiad v2, DR1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by netseeker View Post
I guess you are referring to my post to Alex. I just wrote about the possibly happened clashing of "very different world views". I never mentioned "anti-us views" neither did any other poster here. Isn't the rhetoric of your post (eg. "brain dead nit-wits") the same thing as what conservatory's opponents are complaining about?

I'm really sad when i have to read such bitter comments as yours. Maybe it's really the better choice to have the conservatory closed if people like you felt so offended.

just for clarification:
Myes, I'm also not very impressed with the apparent implicit equation of "euro posters with anti-us views" to "pit-vipers" and "nitwits who ignore good arguments in favor of statements that fit their narrow views."
Even though it isn't there explicitly, the jist of the post does seem to be that a select few deserve the Alleinschuld while the rest just got caught up in the mix.

That said, the fact remains that people mostly were talking past eachother anyway, so that there was little point to most of the discussions even as they were being held. As such, I doubt I will miss the forum very much, even though writing there did help me to develop a few arguments in another essay that I was writing for a course, so it wasn't a total loss

But in all I would also conclude that this experiment was a failure, as it didn't add much to an ebook forum other than to show that people who read books come from all kinds of different backgrounds

Last edited by zerospinboson; 05-07-2009 at 07:45 PM.
zerospinboson is offline   Reply With Quote