View Single Post
Old 04-04-2012, 10:46 AM   #7
mr ploppy
Feral Underclass
mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mr ploppy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 2nd hand paperback
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I know one thing that makes a good book better...proper formatting with no errors. You go to read a book that's formatted the way most are these days and no matter how good they are, the formatting is going to distract from reading.
Formatting doesn't bother me, if it's too annoying I always reformat them to my own preferences anyway. It's all the typos that spoil them for me, nobody seems to bother with proof reading any more.

Also, and I haven't worked out why yet, some books send me to sleep while others keep me awake. It's down to writing style more than anything else, or maybe whether I can associate with any of the characters. Even books with total carnage on every page can send me to sleep, while books where nothing much happens can keep me awake.
mr ploppy is offline   Reply With Quote