View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 07:24 PM   #6
nerys
Addict
nerys began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 500 - REB 1200
yeah the manual will help :-) I did read it. Nothing seemed to "apply" to what it was doing.

"I will try checking each at random and see if anything happens but none of those "jumps out" at me as the source of my problem :-)"

this comment does not mean I don't know what those things mean. It means I don't see how those things apply to what the program is doing.

as expected (assuming they did what they SAID they would do) it had no effect on the output.

I tried the treat each line. No appreciable difference.

checking the add line between paragraphs does NOT undo the goofy formatting it just add an extra line to the goofy formatting.

it seems to be DELETING SPACES ie any extraneous spaces seem to be getting whacked.

Notice where it says CUT TO: should be all the way to the right (using spaces)

in the txt file the sony reader has no issue with this in the lrf its all gone.

Here are 2 pictures. The first one is the LRF output of calibre with BOTH options checked

The second picture is the original text file simply viewed by the reader

I am also attaching the txt file. Since it was free distributed without an encryption by fox themselves for public consumption I assume this is ok.

NOTE if I give calibre a text file and make it into something else and then make it back into a text file I DO NOT GET the same file so it is calibre "changing" things around :-)

ie just want to turn all that off. ie make it come out like the second image but as an lrf with a cover.

I also tried making both PROFILES "default" (manual says this is good for viewing on computer etc.. I figure maybe that means it won't APPLY changes or something)

No joy zero change in output file.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6861.JPG
Views:	490
Size:	51.5 KB
ID:	46801   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6862.JPG
Views:	528
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	46802  
Attached Files
File Type: txt Avatar (Script) - James Cameron.txt (252.0 KB, 438 views)

Last edited by nerys; 02-28-2010 at 07:33 PM.
nerys is offline   Reply With Quote