View Single Post
Old 08-31-2013, 06:31 PM   #419
MarquezFTW
MarquezFTW is a splendid one to beholdMarquezFTW is a splendid one to beholdMarquezFTW is a splendid one to beholdMarquezFTW is a splendid one to beholdMarquezFTW is a splendid one to beholdMarquezFTW is a splendid one to beholdMarquezFTW is a splendid one to beholdMarquezFTW is a splendid one to beholdMarquezFTW is a splendid one to beholdMarquezFTW is a splendid one to beholdMarquezFTW is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Thanks again guys,

The original /mnt/us/kindlevncviewer/kvncviewer.sh file from the original download runs (as per the image below). I get a bit of an overlay of what is running on my PC's screen but only in the black bar at the top of the screen of my Kindle.
http://imgur.com/0SftdrD

-------------

However, the corrected 'code' for the Paperwhite located in post 393 in this thread (as below) when saved in Notepad++ as a Unix Shell file (.sh), replaced on my Kindle and run, I get all the errors noted previously (as this was what was being run in the previous posts although saved in Windows Notepad).

Code:
#!/bin/sh
cd $(dirname "$0")
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=.
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
while :; do eips ''; usleep 80000; done &
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.powerd preventScreenSaver 1
./kindlevncviewer -config config.lua "$@"
lipc-set-prop com.lab126.powerd preventScreenSaver 0
------------

Also, it appears that my /etc/init.d/ folder is empty which would explain why the two commands in that folder don't work. Not sure if these are required to launch the above .sh file via KUAL (which I wasn't doing before... gah.).

Last edited by MarquezFTW; 09-01-2013 at 04:38 PM.
MarquezFTW is offline   Reply With Quote