View Single Post
Old 09-29-2010, 06:47 PM   #45
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by c861556 View Post
Why would anyone become exasperated at the thought of their privacy being needlessly threatened? The fact that Amazon collects this information without my explicit consent is already more enough to get my blood boiling.

Kindle is an e-reader. Its main advertised feature was the fact that it was perfect for reading books, not that it was great for spying on your reading and migrating habits.
They specify that they may collect information including logs and other pieces of data in the license agreement. Section 4 - General.

The onus is on you to actually read and understand what that may involve before using the Kindle. Still nothing to be angry about here yet you're fuming about this as if you had no recourse or choice. Nobody is forcing you to use and carry a Kindle. You can still exercise your right to decline the agreement and ship the Kindle back for a refund if you're still within the refund period.

As I said, I can understand wanting to protect your privacy but still don't understand the "blood boiling" aspect of it. If you don't like it then don't use it or attempt to modify it. If it still angers you that badly then refund, break it or throw it away.

I can see that we'll never agree on this topic and you'll continue to be furious at Amazon so thats the end of my involvement in this particular conversation. You're free to and I welcome you to post a rebuttal however.