View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 04:19 AM   #44
brecklundin
Banned
brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.brecklundin is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: mine
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbovenka View Post
I can read on anything, but I must admit that E-Ink has spoiled me. As far as I am concerned, all it needs is better contrast (I want that background to be white, not gray) and somewhat better resolution, something like 300 dpi.

Colour would be nice, but not essential. The prototype Liquavista display I saw on TV yesterday looked awfully sweet, though (colour video on a purely reflective screen...)
if you want to get true to life as possible resolution what is really needed is at minimum 1200dpi. That is about what film photos work out to be when trying to get a digital analog (yeah I know that was...not punny... ). Some say that 300dpi is "good enough" for the printed word, but if you are going for the best panels possible then shoot for photo quality since these EPD panels are essentially using laser printer concepts to "print" to the panel then why not get to the same image quality? I mean if it can be done with a printer it should be possible with an EPD panel or some close cousin of EPD whatever that ends up being.

And be careful about wishing for a pure white background...a pure white background will be no different from using an LCD panel with the backlight cranked up...plus too white a background will reduce the usability under bright lighting. As far as I can say the only time a true white will be useful is for color panels where it's a must have color, your color printers would not work were it not for the pure white papers we have today...
brecklundin is offline   Reply With Quote