View Single Post
Old 06-19-2009, 08:36 AM   #25
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Awards hold no value for me. Along with all kind of bestseller lists. I know(heard of) only three names from the awards list.

I trust forums a lot more. After spending many months on a certain book forum, you might find a few guys with similar tastes you can trust.
Amazon's reviews might be good but.....if a reviwer has 1 review, I dismiss it.

Lately, I have noticed that many books are over hyped (such as The Time Traveler's Wife or Nation or Catch 22 or The Name of the Rose). One must be careful when choosing what to read.

Last edited by astra; 06-19-2009 at 05:14 PM.
astra is offline   Reply With Quote