View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 05:24 AM   #91
rkw
Old & Busted Hotness
rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0,Asus TF700T, K1-2-3-Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by stewacide View Post
If eink displays start getting very white I hope they introduce an option to dial-back the 'whiteness' of the background. I often find books (usually hardcovers) printed on very light-coloured paper hard to read in the bright sun.
I agree. I actually find my Kindle 2 display to be a very nice background for my vision. I remember when in college I really would dread reading some textbooks simply because the paper was too white, shiny and reflective. I found those all to be quite distracting.

So here is another vote for a newer screen which improves resolution, adds something interesting and fun but doesn't forget it's first and foremost an reading device.

Who knows with color EPD panels coming some day "real soon now" it might well already be possible to let users adjust the background color to a degree. I think that might be a nice addition until we get viable color panels.
rkw is offline   Reply With Quote