View Single Post
Old 09-14-2010, 02:11 PM   #234
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by makani View Post
I use the overdrive library system to download books from my local library to my Sony prs 505. I have to put the desired book on reserve frequently as it is already out on loan. I discoverd somthing receintly that might help us all to get our eooks from the library a lot quicker.

I downloaded an available book to my computer and then to my reader, then I disconected the reader and returned the book stored on my computer to the library. I was still able to read the book on my reader for the alloted time it was checked out, but now someone else would also have access to the book right away. If we all followed this procedure it would shorten the wait times and increase the number of books availlable.
The reason there is a limit is because the Library only purchased a certain number of books. You are trying to defeat the copyright system and causing the library to break the agreement they have with the publishers.

By the way, this is why many libraries do not even permit early check in.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote