View Single Post
Old 04-19-2010, 02:19 PM   #12
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
I liked the part where they as children try to find out where babies come from, where the sister Mary end up proclaiming:
Quote:
Ladies and Gentlement babies are born out of people's stomach holes.

In another part the husband Bob and Betty herself hopes that working under pressure will make here more efficient and structured which ends with the following conclusion:
Quote:
unfortunately we both found that like the Government when given more bureaus to handle, I merely became more inefficient on a much larger scale.
Two things in the book keeps coming back:
The relation to food in all it forms and Stove on which the food is prepared, you sure get a lot of reports on the stove all throughout the book.

To sum it all up from Bettys' perspective on hens:
Quote:
The thing that defeats me about a hen is its unresponsiveness. You can pour your heart's blood into their upbringing and all you can hope for is a squawk. You can stroke cats, pet dogs and ride horses, but the only thing you can do with a hen is eat it.
Finally at the end Betty hopes for some not so early mornings when they're planning to move to a more modern house and Bob concludes this with:
Quote:
Oh, that wont make any difference. Bob said. Chickens have to be fed anyway and the earlier you feed em the sooner they start to lay.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote