View Single Post
Old 02-10-2014, 01:04 PM   #22
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
I am tempted to buy a T3, but I just don't need it. There is still a 505 in use in my household and a spare for that too! Both still have decent battery life. My T2 and 350 still work fine. I also have 2 T1 spares which I cannot persuade my household to use instead of the 505s! My 950 died but the 900 still works - rotten luck! I also have the new Nook Glowlight and spare STR. I have never owned any Kobos.

These days my favorite eink reader is my Kindle Paperwhite 2. I also read a lot now on my iPad Mini with Retina. My new purchases are mostly on Amazon, and I have only bought a few EPUBs in the last year. I am a frequent borrower of library books which I mostly get in EPUB format so I read them on my T2, Nook or Overdrive iOS apps. I also have the option to borrow those books on my Kindle.

In summary I'm not too worried about all the changes happening. I have lots of options to keep reading my old EPUB purchases on spare eink devices or tablet apps. Basically the changes have pushed me towards the Amazon ecosystem rather than to another EPUB device.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote