View Single Post
Old 03-25-2013, 10:57 AM   #25
exaltedwombat
Guru
exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.exaltedwombat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
Hey mrmikel. I hear you about the pretty print's automatic saving feature, but the thing is when you get that warning (saying,'fix it either manually or automatically') and you go to save it, it won't let you without either manually or automatically fixing the error,and if you don't know how to fix it manually, what do you do? So I agree it's wise to save the old version and then see what the automatic fixing does, but how do you do that given it won't let you without fixing it?

And a second question: Is pretty print's automatically fixing an error that problematic really? I mean, it tells you what the error is, where it is. And if you can't figure it out, it seems pretty print's fixing it would be a low risk thing to do. Do you have experience with getting really bad results using the automatic fixing?

Thanks.
The latest Sigil WILL save "bad" code. You get a warning when re-opening the file, but you aren't obliged to let either PrettyPrint or HTML Tidy mess with it. PP is unlikely to do any real harm. Tidy can, and HAS in my experience.

Some of us fought hard for this feature! It lets you save a session "as is" and come back to solving the problem later. Occasionally invaluable, though the arguments why we SHOULDN'T need to do this are easy to list :-)
exaltedwombat is offline   Reply With Quote