View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 05:35 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Interesting point. We want to make the guarantee that you see the same metadata on the device as on calibre, which is why there is no tag processing. Should we make an exception in this case and remove the bracketed tags (this would be in the app)? Does leaving the tag in the group list actually hurt anything?
It doesn't hurt anything. I was just pointing out that bracketed tags are being sent to the device. The reason bracketed tags exist is so folks can mark books in the tag area and not have those tags clutter their ereader's collection area. It doesn't bother me. I had 2 bracketed tags indicating books that were on my son and daughter's devices. Possibly some folks use them extensively, but this is not a deal breaker for me.

Quote:
This will be an good test. I assume you will use some dynamic dns service. We will find out whether the app's name resolution works.
I was going to use the raw IP number, but I do have a dynamic dns service setup for my NAS so it will be simple to tack a port onto it and see if it works.

Quote:
Question: what is the use case? If you connect from work, you won't be able to talk to calibre at home unless you have very long arms.
I have no use case in mind. I was just going to see if it could connect and transfer books using my very long arms to control calibre at my house. I'm not interested enough to bother with remote access so I think I'll pass.

Quote:
Are you connecting to see if you can, to download news, or do you have something else in mind?
Xfering news might be a use case, but not one that I care about.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote