Thread: lv Serial Cable
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2012, 01:02 PM   #12
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
Writing flash images over serial is aided by the fact the YMODEM protocol checksums the packets and retries if missing or damaged bytes. u-boot also has kermit support, but yifanlu says that this is broken, so we should use YMODEM.

One time, on a tiny device, I had to suck a firmware image out over a blinking LED, because that was all that I could control. It took many days.
I just re-thought what I wrote...
People pay "per hour of bench time" when restoring their Kindles, so let us reflash these devices at 9,600.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote