View Single Post
Old 01-13-2012, 08:17 AM   #7
gracie
Enthusiast
gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gracie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
OK, I edited the original post to make sure people knew it was libraries...

What I'm getting from the replies is that this has been a long-standing policy of limiting access to library resources. So, it's true that the East Overshoe library is supported by LOCAL taxes collected ONLY from residents of East Overshoe? And there's no county, state or federal money used to buy materials or in any way support any function of the East Overshoe library? Same for county-wide library systems - NO state or federal money used to provide materials or anything else?

Certainly, if the above is true, I can see why the systems would be restrictive and limit the use of resources. What I find curious is that the DON'T have the same restrictions on borrowing a paper book, a CD, a video, or anything EXCEPT e-materials...
gracie is offline   Reply With Quote