View Single Post
Old 05-14-2010, 02:24 AM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goyo415 View Post
To experiment with it, I'd like to download this forum to the Libre Pro using Caliber. Anyone have directions or the code written to do that?
This is an excellent question. Calibre can easily grab an rss feed, download it on a scheduled basis, convert it to the format of your choice and automatically upload it to your device upon the device being connected.

It doesn't look as if Mobileread provides any rss feed beyond the main page.

It is possible to create more complicated recipes for Calibre to scrape web sites. Ask this question in the Custom recipes part of the Calibre forum for a more detailed response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrouchoM View Post
I don't think ebook readers support html or any other coding. Funny post though.
Many ebook formats (ePub, Mobi, Lit) are html inside some wrapper. So most all ereaders support html in some form. You can schedule Calibre to download thousands of Newspapers, Magazines and websites in the ebook format of your choice so this was not a funny post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlg432 View Post
Or you can use "Thread tool" at the top of this thread and "download" a text copy to your PC where you can do whatever you want with it.
Thanks for pointing this out. I don't know if I'll ever need it but it is nice to know that it exists. Karma awarded.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote