View Single Post
Old 04-14-2012, 12:18 AM   #59
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
The Universal Jailbreak needs another step:

After the "You are Jailbroken" file appeared, my "Update Your Kindle" menu option was still grayed out after I copied an update install package to my touch (fw 5.0.4). I needed another restart not listed in the jailbreak instructions before the "Update Your Kindle" menu option worked.

So, I suggest adding another restart AFTER the "You are Jailbroken" file is installed. This should help avoid some confusion...

EDIT: This universal jailbreak is nice. It has a lot more restarts and other steps than using my simple one-step "secret" jailbreak, but we are saving that for when we need it, and as long as this "more complicated" method is well-documented and people follow the instructions, it will do the job just fine.

Also, after I installed the new diags partition that comes on new kindles, I am happy to say that the universal jailbreak recommended in this thread works fine on it too (except for the extra restart needed before any packages can be installed).

Last edited by geekmaster; 04-14-2012 at 01:16 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote