View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 01:45 PM   #6
sun surfer
languorous autodidact ✦
sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sun surfer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: onyx boox poke 2 colour, kindle voyage
So far it’s looking like we have three clear leaders and a battle royal between all the rest for the fourth spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
Sooner or later we are going to have to decide in Time Period whether we really want to keep the BCE to 1800 periods, which we have carefully avoided so far...
Now's the time for changes. Of course, this hinges on Time Period being chosen as a category for the next year. Here are the periods in question:

BCE
1-1000
1001-1500
1501-1800

I had thought that the club might pick one of these older periods every few years to intermittently give itself even more of a challenge. There’ve been three Time Period months over three years so far and looking back, it is true that none of these older periods have ever come close to winning and all received zero votes this year.

I would like to keep all of the time periods in some fashion, so instead of eliminating any we could combine the first three into a BCE-1500 period. In this way, there'd only be two pre-19th-century periods rather than four.

I’ll leave it up to the majority opinion and give it until the end of the category poll for others to chime in - either leave the time periods as they are or combine the first three into BCE-1500.

ETA- The way in which I had first written the second to last paragraph might have come across as if I preferred not to combine any time periods, so I reworded it to make it clearer that I am fine with either way and only meant that I wouldn't want any time periods outright eliminated.

Last edited by sun surfer; 06-19-2014 at 07:58 PM.
sun surfer is offline   Reply With Quote