View Single Post
Old 11-19-2012, 09:31 AM   #10
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by route66 View Post
What if someone wants to control the lighting so it is only switched on when it is needed?

I wanted the backlight so I could read during the night.

What's the big problem with having the option to switch it off when you don't need it and want less eye-strain?

I don't leave my lamp on for 24 a day though its selling point is to bring light.
This is exactly what worries me, the inability to switch of the light completely and so avoid unnecessary eyestrain. My Paperwhite is still on order but I shall make very sure my eyes are not going to suffer before I decide to keep it. I tried the Kobo Glo that has a light you can turn off. I really liked it, other than the fact that the light settings cannot be turned down low enough.

Why is it so hard for the manufacturers to get it right I wonder. The flexibility of formatting and the light on/off switch from the Glo and the light variability from the Paperwhite ...... are you listening Sony, or anyone else?
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote