View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 06:15 AM   #15
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
I suspect the problem B&N had is twofold: First, the books are distributed by Ingram and it is often the case that orders are automatically placed (at least that weas the case when I worked in the bookstores years ago) for "expected" bestsellers. Second, the publisher is not listed as Amazon but HMH, which also publishes thousands of books that are not from Amazon. I will not be surprised to see this repeat, that is, where B&N b&m stores stock an Amazon title for a few days until they get an e-mail from HQ saying to pull the titles.

As far as I am concerned, the culprit in the story is Amazon. B&N and others have said they would not carry the pbooks in the b&m stores as long as the ebook was not also available to them. All Amazon has to do is make the book available in any of its forms to everyone to sell, just like other publishers do.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote