View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 08:13 PM   #65
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
And I would also think that people would write books about things they love avd these books would be like heavily researched books.

Or did you mean some other kind of books? Do you have any example of the kind of book that would not be written?
I keep of list of what I finish. Here are the last ten:

7/7 Arthur Herman, Freedom’s Forge: How American Business Produced Victory in World War II
7/12 Faye Kellerman, Blindman’s Bluff
7/27 Faye Kellerman, Hangman
8/2 Len Deighton, SS-GB
8/10 Paul Thomas Murphy, Shooting Victoria: Madness, Mayhem, and the Rebirth of the British Monarchy
8/11 Andrew Gumbel and Roger Charles, Oklahoma City: What the Investigation Missed and Why It Still Matters
8/15 Martin Cruz Smith, Polar Star
9/1 Patrick Dennis, Auntie Mame An Irreverent Escapade
9/7 Craig Shirley, December 1941: 31 Days that Changed America and Saved the World
9/16 Robin Fisher and Angelo Guglielmo Jr, The Woman Who Wasn’t There: The True Story of an Incredible Deception

My guess is that without at least a low level of copyright enforcement, at most one of them would have been written. Paul Thomas Murphy used to be a professor, and maybe he writes out of academic habit. But if he didn't get any money out of it, would he be able to travel to all those American and British research libraries?
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote